Before 1793 - Osipovichi was a small private village in Rechitsa District of Minsk Province of Great Lithuanian Princedom.
1793-1917 - Osipovichi was a village in Russian Empire.
Since 1801 - Osipovichi was a private small village in Bobruisk District of Minsk Empire.
1880s - after Libava - Romny rail road was constructed, Jewish population appeared in Osipovichi.
1900 - Osipovichi became a town in Bobruisk District of Minsk Province.
|Date||Jews||Non-Jews||Comments||% Total Pop.|
|1880s||Jewish population appeared|
|1909||1066||Total population||about 40%|
|1914||1695||Total population||No info|
In 1870s, after obtaining permission to live in rural area and Libava - Romny rail road was constructed, some Jewish families moved their business to Osipovichi.
In 1910s there were 2 praying houses in Osipovichi.
During Russian principality the authorities did a lot to develop the region because of military and fiscal reasons mostly. First of all, old communications were reconstructed there:
In XIX, because of development of the All-Russian Market, new types of communications appeared in the area in 1873.
Construction of the railroad and highways provoked new rapid increase of development of Osipovichi, because it became a big and important rail station.
In 1884 there were 18 wooden houses in Osipovichi.
In 1900 the annual turnover of Osipovichi rail station was 64 000 tons of wood (> 90%) and other goods (<10%). (Over 16 000 tons were loaded in Osipovichi and other were transit cargo.) Local Jews (had obtained permission to live in rural area in the early 1830s-40s) moved their businesses (mainly taverns and trinket stores), mostly from Svisloch, Bobruisk and Kholuy, to Osipovichi.
We know two big business enterprises in Osipovichi and its locality in 1902: DARAGAN Ivan son of Feder (Orthodox) owned wood processing factory (10 workers) in the Town and ELPERIN Uriy son of Azriel & KOPELEVICH Khonon son of Leyb was timber trader in Protasevichi village.
In 1909 there were 246 wooden houses in Osipovichi.